Hello,

I try to learn myself Ror by following this tutorial :

Now I have to make this exercise :

Make a Contact page for the sample app. First write a test for the
existence of a page at the URI /static_pages/contact. (Hint: Test for the
right title.) Then write a second test for the title “Ruby on Rails
Tutorial Sample App | Contact”. Get your tests to pass, and then fill in
the Contact page with the content from Listing 3.29.

I wonder if I have to do the same twice. Both say I have to check on the
title.

Roelof

  • Gintautas Šimkus at Sep 17, 2012 at 8:12 am
    Indeed this is confusing. Can you provide an URL for the exercise?

    I try to learn myself Ror by following this tutorial :

    Now I have to make this exercise :

    Make a Contact page for the sample app. First write a test for the
    existence of a page at the URI /static_pages/contact. (Hint: Test for the
    right title.) Then write a second test for the title “Ruby on Rails
    Tutorial Sample App | Contact”. Get your tests to pass, and then fill in
    the Contact page with the content from Listing 3.29.

    I wonder if I have to do the same twice. Both say I have to check on the
    title.

    Roelof

  • Roelof at Sep 17, 2012 at 11:11 am
    Yes, I can.
    The exercise can be found here :
    http://ruby.railstutorial.org/chapters/static-pages#sec-static_pages_exercises

    Roelof

    Indeed this is confusing. Can you provide an URL for the exercise?

    I try to learn myself Ror by following this tutorial :

    Now I have to make this exercise :

    Make a Contact page for the sample app. First write a test for the
    existence of a page at the URI /static_pages/contact. (Hint: Test for the
    right title.) Then write a second test for the title “Ruby on Rails
    Tutorial Sample App | Contact”. Get your tests to pass, and then fill in
    the Contact page with the content from Listing 3.29.

    I wonder if I have to do the same twice. Both say I have to check on the
    title.

    Roelof

    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/v-0uIyfGUMEJ.

  • Gintautas Šimkus at Sep 17, 2012 at 12:19 pm
    OK I am lost in this particular workflow. You should just test for title
    and that's it. I don't see how 2 specs are needed for that. Sorry I
    couldn't help.

    Indeed this is confusing. Can you provide an URL for the exercise?

    I try to learn myself Ror by following this tutorial :

    Now I have to make this exercise :

    Make a Contact page for the sample app. First write a test for the
    existence of a page at the URI /static_pages/contact. (Hint: Test for the
    right title.) Then write a second test for the title “Ruby on Rails
    Tutorial Sample App | Contact”. Get your tests to pass, and then fill in
    the Contact page with the content from Listing 3.29.

    I wonder if I have to do the same twice. Both say I have to check on the
    title.

    Roelof

    googlegroups.com.

    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/**
    msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/v-**0uIyfGUMEJ<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/v-0uIyfGUMEJ>
    .
    .

    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/UHgWsVy7rf8J.

  • Jonathan Maddison at Sep 17, 2012 at 1:11 pm
    Well, if you're trying not to look at the answer - the first test is meant
    to look at the "title" that is actually displayed on the page (i.e.
    heading), and the second test is supposed to check the actual HTML page
    title (i.e. <title> tag).