Hello,

From my rails application, I have given a download button, which will
download a file from the server.
At the time of downloading, I want to save the values of *IP Address* & *Client
Type*( from which OS - Mac/Windows/Linux & system it was downloaded ) to
the database.
Any ideas how can I achieve this ?

Thanks.

  • Colin Law at Sep 11, 2012 at 2:39 pm

    At the time of downloading, I want to save the values of IP Address & Client
    Type( from which OS - Mac/Windows/Linux & system it was downloaded ) to the
    database.
    Any ideas how can I achieve this ?
    google for
    rails get client os ip

    Colin

    Thanks.

  • Avi at Sep 11, 2012 at 2:48 pm
    Thanks a lot. It seems useful. I am going to try this.
    At the time of downloading, I want to save the values of IP Address & Client
    Type( from which OS - Mac/Windows/Linux & system it was downloaded ) to the
    database.
    Any ideas how can I achieve this ?
    google for
    rails get client os ip

    Colin

    Thanks.

  • Thiagocifani at Sep 11, 2012 at 2:50 pm
    http://mohitsharma.net/how-get-browser-operating-system-and-client-ip-rails

    Thanks a lot. It seems useful. I am going to try this.
    At the time of downloading, I want to save the values of IP Address & Client
    Type( from which OS - Mac/Windows/Linux & system it was downloaded ) to the
    database.
    Any ideas how can I achieve this ?
    google for
    rails get client os ip

    Colin

    Thanks.

    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/md1DkzPU2wUJ.

    thiagocifani
    http://about.me/thiagocifani <http://del.icio.us/thiagocifani>
    <http://del.icio.us/thiagocifani>

  • Avi at Sep 11, 2012 at 7:38 pm
    Hello,

    Thanks for the reply.
    I got correct solution for system os. But I am getting the ip as 127.0.0.1
    which is default.
    I tried a few solutions. but nothing seems to be working. All are giving me
    same results.
    How can I change the ipaddress to the current system;s ipaddress ?
    Thanks a lot. It seems useful. I am going to try this.
    At the time of downloading, I want to save the values of IP Address & Client
    Type( from which OS - Mac/Windows/Linux & system it was downloaded ) to the
    database.
    Any ideas how can I achieve this ?
    google for
    rails get client os ip

    Colin

    Thanks.

    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/md1DkzPU2wUJ.

    thiagocifani
    http://about.me/thiagocifani <http://del.icio.us/thiagocifani>
    <http://del.icio.us/thiagocifani>

  • Colin Law at Sep 11, 2012 at 8:29 pm

    I got correct solution for system os. But I am getting the ip as 127.0.0.1
    which is default.
    I tried a few solutions. but nothing seems to be working. All are giving me
    same results.
    How can I change the ipaddress to the current system;s ipaddress ?
    That is just because you are accessing the app from the same PC as the
    server is running on.
    If you go to a different PC and access the server on the first PC from
    there you should find that it shows the correct IP address.

    Colin

    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/K7d_eSJtVAEJ.
    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/md1DkzPU2wUJ.

    thiagocifani
    http://about.me/thiagocifani

    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/fmpsejw2sCUJ.

  • Avi at Sep 12, 2012 at 5:01 am
    Thanks a lot. I tried with another system & it is working.

    &
    )