Hi,

in development mode you can turn auto_explain_threshold_in_seconds on
and see when a query is slow in the command prompt. Is there a gem that
can send me slow queries and slow loading pages in production mode? That
would make monitoring performance a lot easier. Thanks.

  • Frederick Cheung at Sep 8, 2012 at 8:33 am

    in development mode you can turn auto_explain_threshold_in_seconds on
    and see when a query is slow in the command prompt. Is there a gem that
    can send me slow queries and slow loading pages in production mode? That
    would make monitoring performance a lot easier. Thanks.

    There are (paid) services like http://www.unionstationapp.com & newrelic
    that do this.

    This is probably quite easy to implement in rails 3 using the
    ActiveSupport::Notifications stuff.

    Fred