OS : Ubuntu 12.04

Now I use Backup <https://github.com/meskyanichi/backup> and Whenever<https://github.com/javan/whenever> gem
to backup my database.
When I run backup perform -t my_backup ,I can works.
But when I check the task crontab -l ,it as this:

0 22 * * * /bin/bash -l -c 'backup perform -t my_backup'

Run cat /etc/crontab to check my cron configuration file,it's:

SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

It's different between */bin/bash* and /bin/sh ,how to do?

  • Matt Jones at Sep 2, 2012 at 3:56 pm