Hello,

I am very very new to Ruby on rails. Just joined as an Intern in a
company. They gave me a task. I want to open the PDF in a new window
based on the location id where we currently in. For example, In a
database table we have a column name location id in one table. PDF's
stored in the server. I want to get the PDF based on the location
id(that might be in a drop down menu). Please help me to do that. I want
some to teach me this concept.

Thanks in advance

  • Javier Quarite at Aug 28, 2012 at 9:37 pm

    I am very very new to Ruby on rails. Just joined as an Intern in a
    company. They gave me a task. I want to open the PDF in a new window
    based on the location id where we currently in. For example, In a
    database table we have a column name location id in one table. PDF's
    stored in the server. I want to get the PDF based on the location
    id(that might be in a drop down menu). Please help me to do that. I want
    some to teach me this concept.

    Thanks in advance
    Do you know how to open it via web?
    I'm not sure but it may be like this

    PATH = http://localhost:300/files/document.pdf
    PATH = http://localhost:300/path/to/folder/document.pdf

    if so you just can do

    <%= link_to "PDF file", PATH%>

    Now they may have used gems (paperclip, carrierwave) and they have helpers.
    If you have no idea what I'm talking about take a look at
    http://ruby.railstutorial.org/ first so you can learn about this framework

    JavierQ

  • Vinay Sri at Aug 28, 2012 at 9:34 pm
    Hi Javier,

    Thank you so much for your reply. I am looking for a online tutor to
    teach me through skype and teamviewer. Do u know anyone? I am ready to
    pay.
    Javier Quarite wrote in post #1073677:
    Now they may have used gems (paperclip, carrierwave) and they have
    helpers.
    If you have no idea what I'm talking about take a look at
    http://ruby.railstutorial.org/ first so you can learn about this
    framework

    JavierQ
  • Scott Eisenberg at Aug 28, 2012 at 11:24 pm
    Go to crossloop.com and go through their directory of paid helpers.
    Thank you so much for your reply. I am looking for a online tutor to
    teach me through skype and teamviewer. Do u know anyone? I am ready to
    pay.
    Javier Quarite wrote in post #1073677:
    Now they may have used gems (paperclip, carrierwave) and they have
    helpers.
    If you have no idea what I'm talking about take a look at
    http://ruby.railstutorial.org/ first so you can learn about this
    framework

    JavierQ
  • INDIAN RAILS DEVELOPER at Aug 29, 2012 at 9:27 am
    What all things you want to learn,i can teach you.email me on paritoshparitosh57@gmail.com

  • Loganathan Sellapa at Aug 29, 2012 at 9:29 am
    +1

    regards,
    Loganathan
    Mob: +91 7760780741 | +91 9944414388
    Skype: loganathan.sellappa
    ViewMe <http://vizualize.me/loganathan>
    What all things you want to learn,i can teach you.email me on
    paritoshparitosh57@gmail.com

  • Harika at Aug 29, 2012 at 1:54 pm
    +1

    On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 2:57 PM, INDIAN RAILS DEVELOPER <
    What all things you want to learn,i can teach you.email me on
    paritoshparitosh57@gmail.com

    With Regards,

    Harika Grandhi

    SIFY SOFTWARE LIMITED,

    Software Developer,

    Chennai.

  • INDIAN RAILS DEVELOPER at Aug 29, 2012 at 3:44 pm
    Thanks for plus-ing :-)

  • Colin Law at Aug 29, 2012 at 6:21 am