Hello All,
I have installed rvm ,ruby, rails ,passenger and apache2 on an Ubuntu 11.10
VPS. I have scaffolded a rails application and changed config of apache to
point to it. When I entered my site from a browser I got the default rails
page. When I removed the index.html file from the public folder I got a 404
error. When I changed my config.ru file to include the demo "hello world"
rack app from the passenger-pushion site , I got the message displayed
correctly on my browser. So what do I still miss to make my scaffold app
run in response to browser input ? Thanks, David

  • Robert Walker at Aug 15, 2012 at 3:00 pm

    kramf wrote in post #1072156:
    Hello All,
    I have installed rvm ,ruby, rails ,passenger and apache2 on an Ubuntu
    11.10
    VPS. I have scaffolded a rails application and changed config of apache
    point to it. When I entered my site from a browser I got the default
    rails
    page. When I removed the index.html file from the public folder I got a
    404
    error. When I changed my config.ru file to include the demo "hello
    world"
    rack app from the passenger-pushion site , I got the message displayed
    correctly on my browser. So what do I still miss to make my scaffold app
    run in response to browser input ? Thanks, David
    I didn't see mention of you setting up a "root" route. Did you do that?