Hello all,

I have been using Memcache with my rails application to store certain
key value pair.... I am using Dalli gem for the same... So Here's what i
do from console:

require 'dalli'
dc = Dalli::Client.new('remoteserver:11211')

dc.set('example_link', "http://www.google.com")
=> true

value = dc.get('example_link')
=> "http://www.desidime.com"

Everything looks good. However if i telnet to memcache and run this
command:

get example_link
VALUE example_link 1 33
I"http://www.google.com:ET

Instead of returning the string, it returns some random garbage
prepended and appended to value (I, :ET and so on)

Anyone can guide on whats going on here?

Thanks!

  • Muruga at Aug 8, 2012 at 6:56 pm
    Hi
    I think its because of marshalling.U need to pass raw=true or only true