Hi,

I am getting the error "uninitialized constant
ActiveResource::UnauthorizedAccess" while executing the rails3 application.

*Below are my package details:*
*
*
*Rails 3.0.0*
*Ruby 1.8.7*
*activeresource (3.0.0, 2.3.4)*

Suggestions are welcome!

Regards,
Seeni Rafiyullah Khan A,
<srkhan@apigee.com>*In Every moment, thank God.*

  • Colin Law at Aug 7, 2012 at 8:13 am

    On 7 August 2012 09:00, Rafi A wrote:
    Hi,

    I am getting the error "uninitialized constant
    ActiveResource::UnauthorizedAccess" while executing the rails3 application.

    Below are my package details:

    Rails 3.0.0
    Ruby 1.8.7
    activeresource (3.0.0, 2.3.4)

    Suggestions are welcome!
    Start with google for
    ActiveResource::UnauthorizedAccess
    That shows lots of hits with various suggestions as to what can cause
    this. If none of those help then come back but give us some more
    information about the specific call you are making that is causing the
    problem. We are not telepathic.

    Colin
    Regards,
    Seeni Rafiyullah Khan A,
    In Every moment, thank God.

  • Rafi A at Aug 7, 2012 at 8:25 am
    Colin,

    Thanks for your reply. Surfed over both sides of Google but not able to get
    the apt solution. I am using the below code snippet in Application
    controller file so that all the flows will inherit.

    'rescue_from ActiveResource::UnauthorizedAccess, :with => :render_401'

    But while invoking the application URL, I am getting the error which I have
    sent in below mail thread.

    Please let me know if you have any ideas.

[...]

  • Colin Law at Aug 7, 2012 at 8:52 am

    Thanks for your reply. Surfed over both sides of Google but not able to get
    the apt solution. I am using the below code snippet in Application
    controller file so that all the flows will inherit.

    'rescue_from ActiveResource::UnauthorizedAccess, :with => :render_401'

    But while invoking the application URL, I am getting the error which I have
    sent in below mail thread.
    You have not shown us the code that is triggering the problem. Also
    have a look in the log for the local app and the remote one and see
    what is happening.

    I would prefer it if you did not top post please, it makes it easier
    to follow the thread. Insert your reply inline in previous message.
    Thanks.

    Colin
[...]

  • Rafi A at Aug 8, 2012 at 4:57 am
    Hi,

    This is resolved. I copied the 'activeresource-3.0.0' gem folder from the
    source folder of rails3 and pasted under the 'config/initializers' folder
    of my rails3 application. So the below code snippet available in
    application_controler.rb file is working fine as expected.

    rescue_from ActiveResource::UnauthorizedAccess, :with => :render_401
    end

[...]

  • Colin Law at Aug 8, 2012 at 9:52 am

    This is resolved. I copied the 'activeresource-3.0.0' gem folder from the
    source folder of rails3 and pasted under the 'config/initializers' folder of
    my rails3 application. So the below code snippet available in
    application_controler.rb file is working fine as expected.

    rescue_from ActiveResource::UnauthorizedAccess, :with => :render_401
    end
    I misinterpreted your question. Sorry. What you have done should not
    be necessary. Have you included activeresource in your Gemfile and
    run bundle install?

    Colin

    Regards,
    Seeni Rafiyullah Khan A,
    In Every moment, thank God.

    On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com>
    I am getting the error "uninitialized constant
    ActiveResource::UnauthorizedAccess" while executing the rails3
    application.

    Below are my package details:

    Rails 3.0.0
    Ruby 1.8.7
    activeresource (3.0.0, 2.3.4)

    Suggestions are welcome!
    Start with google for
    ActiveResource::UnauthorizedAccess
    That shows lots of hits with various suggestions as to what can cause
    this. If none of those help then come back but give us some more
    information about the specific call you are making that is causing the
    problem. We are not telepathic.

    Colin
    Regards,
    Seeni Rafiyullah Khan A,
    In Every moment, thank God.

  • Rafi A at Aug 8, 2012 at 10:06 am

    This is resolved. I copied the 'activeresource-3.0.0' gem folder from the
    source folder of rails3 and pasted under the 'config/initializers' folder of
    my rails3 application. So the below code snippet available in
    application_controler.rb file is working fine as expected.

    rescue_from ActiveResource::UnauthorizedAccess, :with => :render_401
    end
    I misinterpreted your question. Sorry. What you have done should not
    be necessary. Have you included activeresource in your Gemfile and
    run bundle install?
    Yes. Did but no luck! Finally switched over to that solution.
    Colin

    Regards,
    Seeni Rafiyullah Khan A,
    In Every moment, thank God.