Hi, I'm New Here and also with Ruby on Rails

use ubuntu 12

My question would be, how to display the terminal output to the page in
real time.

I am doing the following.

In the controller

def run

@terminal = IO.popen('./rcracki_mt -l hashtxt.txt -t 4 SHA1 ')

end
end

In view

<%= @terminal %>

This works, but only prints the result once I finish running the program
(. / Rcracki_mt)

Is there any way to get terminal output showing in real time?

Thanks and sorry for my English (google translator)

  • Javier Quarite at Jul 23, 2012 at 4:37 am
    Hi,

    you need something like pusher or maybe an ajax call that executes every 5
    seconds (maybe more), depends on the amount of data you are going to
    retrieve (because it may crash your app)

    Javier Q.

  • Laut Toore at Jul 23, 2012 at 4:16 pm
    Thanks for the reply, I will investigate for that side