hii

  • Amardeep Singh at Jul 16, 2012 at 9:42 am
    i bet with some one and he is saying that its on .net or java bt i thought
    it is ROR or may be in some other language.

  • Amrit Pal Pathak at Jul 16, 2012 at 9:50 am

    i bet with some one and he is saying that its on .net or java bt i thought
    it is ROR or may be in some other language.
    its RoR based.It might be possible they have used other technologies
    for enhancement.

    --
    Thanks

    Regards

    Amrit Pal

    Mobile No:+9780584363

    Website:amritpalpathak.blogspot.com

  • Robert Walker at Jul 17, 2012 at 1:05 pm

    Amardeep Singh wrote in post #1068888:
    i bet with some one and he is saying that its on .net or java bt i
    thought
    it is ROR or may be in some other language.
    So I wonder, how many times are we going to resurrect this dead horse so
    we can begin the beatings all over again?

    Twitter dropped Rails so Rails must suck right?

    Never mind that Twitter's situation is a particularly bad example to use
    for judging a web application framework. Firstly, it was a long time ago
    when they had to make the decision to move to other technologies. Rails
    has come a long way since that time. Secondly, Twitter is much more than
    just a web site. Their scaling needs are a lot different than the
    scaling needs of a typical web application. And finally, there are
    plenty of other successful, high profile, sites that are much better
    suited for judging whether Rails would be a good choice for the web site
    that you want to build.

  • Tom Meinlschmidt at Jul 16, 2012 at 10:16 am
    RoR is past. They use Scala

    The Twitter Web interface uses the Ruby on Rails framework,[115] deployed on a performance enhanced Ruby Enterprise Edition implementation of Ruby.[116]
    As of April 6, 2011, Twitter engineers confirmed they had switched away from their Ruby on Rails search-stack, to a Java server they call Blender.[117]
    From spring 2007 to 2008 the messages were handled by a Ruby persistent queue server called Starling,[118] but since 2009 implementation has been gradually replaced with software written in Scala.[119]
    The service's application programming interface (API) allows other web services and applications to integrate with Twitter.[120][121]

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter