Hi i want to send mails by scheduling it. i found whenever gem but i wanna
know is does it work in rails3

Thanks in advance

  • Paul h at Jul 11, 2012 at 10:04 am

    On Wednesday, July 11, 2012 9:24:14 AM UTC+1, honey ruby wrote:
    Hi i want to send mails by scheduling it. i found whenever gem but i wanna
    know is does it work in rails3

    Thanks in advance
    No idea, never tried, but if I wanted to know, the first thing I would do
    would be to install the gem and try it out in a simple rails3 app :)

    Hint: there's a nugget of info on the github page which should help you out.

  • Tom Meinlschmidt at Jul 11, 2012 at 10:14 am
    use resque gem. it works like charm (rails3)

    tom
    Hi i want to send mails by scheduling it. i found whenever gem but i wanna know is does it work in rails3

    Thanks in advance

    No idea, never tried, but if I wanted to know, the first thing I would do would be to install the gem and try it out in a simple rails3 app :)

    Hint: there's a nugget of info on the github page which should help you out.

  • Kevin Bedell at Jul 11, 2012 at 2:35 pm
    Agreed -

    Redis/Resque with 'resque_mailer' is your best bet for that app.

    https://github.com/zapnap/resque_mailer

    -kevin

    On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 6:14 AM, Tom Meinlschmidt