Hi,

I'm new to ruby on rails and I have little problem. I need to make
application that creates list of items on startup. So model shouldnt
have database.

1. Is the best choice to use standard class as model, for example
item.rb in models folder?

2. What's the best way to create collection of model on controller
startup?
Is it creating array of model classes in initialize() method of
controller?

3. My app should have search functionality based on items name. Is the
best way to simply search array in for loop and return searched items?

Is there any better and simplier approach than this I described?

Thanks in advance

  • Martin Aceto at Jun 21, 2012 at 7:55 pm

    I'm new to ruby on rails and I have little problem. I need to make
    application that creates list of items on startup. So model shouldnt
    have database.

    1. Is the best choice to use standard class as model, for example
    item.rb in models folder?

    2. What's the best way to create collection of model on controller
    startup?
    Is it creating array of model classes in initialize() method of
    controller?

    3. My app should have search functionality based on items name. Is the
    best way to simply search array in for loop and return searched items?

    Is there any better and simplier approach than this I described?

    Thanks in advance
    Hi,

    maybe this could help you

    http://railscasts.com/episodes/326-activeattr

    http://railscasts.com/episodes/193-tableless-model

    Best,

    Martin

  • Aleksey V Zapparov at Jun 21, 2012 at 10:06 pm