I have method in model

(User Model)

def create_reset_code
self.attributes = {:reset_code => Digest::SHA1.hexdigest(
Time.now.to_s.split(//).sort_by {rand}.join )}
save(:validate=>false)
UserMailer.reset_password_email(self).deliver
end
How can I test it in RSpec? I want to test the code generation, and send
e-mail

PS : using Google, but found no examples of

  • David Angga at Jun 20, 2012 at 9:54 am
    it "should sent an email confirmation" do
    @user = User.first
    ActionMailer::Base.delivery_method = :test
    ActionMailer::Base.perform_deliveries = true
    ActionMailer::Base.deliveries.clear

    @user.create_reset_code

    @email_confirmation = ActionMailer::Base.deliveries.first
    @email_confirmation.from.should == "..."
    @email_confirmation.to.should == @user.email
    @email_confirmation.body.should .............
    end
    self.attributes = {:reset_code => Digest::SHA1.hexdigest(
    Time.now.to_s.split(//).sort_by {rand}.join )}
    save(:validate=>false)
    UserMailer.reset_password_email(self).deliver
    end
    How can I test it in RSpec? I want to test the code generation, and send
    e-mail

    PS : using Google, but found no examples of

    *David Angga Prasetya*
    *RoR Developers*

    skype: david.angga
    phone: +62 85 222 1 5555 2
    *

    *

  • Danko Danko at Jun 20, 2012 at 11:39 am
    Ok, thank you