Hi.

I am in the process of making an application that should handle imports
of the content csv. I plan on incorporating AJAX when I get more routine
(so the page don't have to redirect back after the upload), but for now
I am looking for the simplest upload function. A file could for example
be (First_name;Last_name;Age;State):

Andrew;McDonald;78;California

I am quite new to Rails, so nothing fancy. Preferably some basic code in
View, Controller and Model.

My sqlite3 database has a table that contains the corresponding columns.

  • Colin Law at Jun 9, 2012 at 4:33 pm

    I am in the process of making an application that should handle imports
    of the content csv. I plan on incorporating AJAX when I get more routine
    (so the page don't have to redirect back after the upload), but for now
    I am looking for the simplest upload function. A file could for example
    be (First_name;Last_name;Age;State):

    Andrew;McDonald;78;California

    I am quite new to Rails, so nothing fancy. Preferably some basic code in
    View, Controller and Model.

    My sqlite3 database has a table that contains the corresponding columns.
    Which bit do you need help with, the upload or parsing the data? If
    the upload have you tried googling for rails upload?

    Colin
  • Anders Andrew at Jun 9, 2012 at 5:07 pm

    Colin Law wrote in post #1063851:
    I am quite new to Rails, so nothing fancy. Preferably some basic code in
    View, Controller and Model.

    My sqlite3 database has a table that contains the corresponding columns.
    Which bit do you need help with, the upload or parsing the data? If
    the upload have you tried googling for rails upload?

    Colin
    Hi Colin.

    I think that what I am looking for is something this:

    http://stdlib.rubyonrails.org/libdoc/csv/rdoc/classes/CSV/Reader.html

    I have tryed implementing the one from this article:

    http://satishonrails.wordpress.com/2007/07/18/how-to-import-csv-file-in-rails/

    But get this error message: "uninitialized constant CSV::Reader".

  • Linus Pettersson at Jun 10, 2012 at 12:28 pm
    Have you added

    *require* 'csv'

    ?