Hello,

I stumble upon this error when loading a subclass of the Transaction
class. For full details, see the pastie:

http://pastie.org/4053678

Error message: ActiveRecord::SubclassNotFound: The single-table
inheritance mechanism failed to locate the subclass:
'Transactions::DummyDdnlTransaction'. This error is raised because the
column 'type' is reserved for storing the class in case of
inheritance. Please rename this column if you didn't intend it to be
used for storing the inheritance class or overwrite
Transactions::DummyDdnlTransaction.inheritance_column to use another
column for that information.

Have Googled around, tried solutions like self.subclasses and
require_dependency but they didn't work for me.

I'm on Rails 2.3.14.

cmdjohnson

  • Андрей Большов at Jun 9, 2012 at 2:53 pm
    Answer in your error message rename column " type", or
    Transactions::DummyDdnlTransaction.inheritance_column="not_type_column"

    суббота, 9 июня 2012 г., 5:08:18 UTC+4 пользователь Commander Johnson
    I stumble upon this error when loading a subclass of the Transaction
    class. For full details, see the pastie:

    http://pastie.org/4053678

    Error message: ActiveRecord::SubclassNotFound: The single-table
    inheritance mechanism failed to locate the subclass:
    'Transactions::DummyDdnlTransaction'. This error is raised because the
    column 'type' is reserved for storing the class in case of
    inheritance. Please rename this column if you didn't intend it to be
    used for storing the inheritance class or overwrite
    Transactions::DummyDdnlTransaction.inheritance_column to use another
    column for that information.

    Have Googled around, tried solutions like self.subclasses and
    require_dependency but they didn't work for me.

    I'm on Rails 2.3.14.

    cmdjohnson
  • Андрей Большов at Jun 9, 2012 at 3:26 pm
    Sorry, in real it's about requiring class, try check if your subclasses
    class is loaded properly.

    суббота, 9 июня 2012 г., 5:08:18 UTC+4 пользователь Commander Johnson
    I stumble upon this error when loading a subclass of the Transaction
    class. For full details, see the pastie:

    http://pastie.org/4053678

    Error message: ActiveRecord::SubclassNotFound: The single-table
    inheritance mechanism failed to locate the subclass:
    'Transactions::DummyDdnlTransaction'. This error is raised because the
    column 'type' is reserved for storing the class in case of
    inheritance. Please rename this column if you didn't intend it to be
    used for storing the inheritance class or overwrite
    Transactions::DummyDdnlTransaction.inheritance_column to use another
    column for that information.

    Have Googled around, tried solutions like self.subclasses and
    require_dependency but they didn't work for me.

    I'm on Rails 2.3.14.

    cmdjohnson
  • Matt Jones at Jun 10, 2012 at 12:45 am

    I stumble upon this error when loading a subclass of the Transaction
    class. For full details, see the pastie:

    http://pastie.org/4053678

    Error message: ActiveRecord::SubclassNotFound: The single-table
    inheritance mechanism failed to locate the subclass:
    'Transactions::DummyDdnlTransaction'. This error is raised because the
    column 'type' is reserved for storing the class in case of
    inheritance. Please rename this column if you didn't intend it to be
    used for storing the inheritance class or overwrite
    Transactions::DummyDdnlTransaction.inheritance_column to use another
    column for that information.

    Have Googled around, tried solutions like self.subclasses and
    require_dependency but they didn't work for me.
    The autoloader is expecting to find Transactions::DummyDdnlTransaction in
    app/models/transactions/dummy_ddnl_transaction.rb - according to the Gist,
    you've got the file in the top level of app/models. Either move it, or
    manually require it.

    --Matt Jones