Hi,

i need a user sign in page which has user name and password, which uses
oauth which allows us to post tweets to twitter and post to facebook as
well.
What is the best method to proceed? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Jose

  • Brian at May 28, 2012 at 7:30 pm
    Hi Jose. I didn't trust myself to implement OAuth securely, nor could I
    think of a good reason to reinvent the wheel, so I went with OmniAuth<http://www.omniauth.org/>.
    Should handle both twitter and facebook.

[...]

  • Brian at May 28, 2012 at 7:31 pm
    Hi Jose, I didn't trust myself to implement OAuth security, nor could I
    think of a good reason to re-invent the wheel, so I went with OmniAuth<http://www.omniauth.org/>.
    Should handle facebook and twitter and I found it very easy to use.
    i need a user sign in page which has user name and password, which uses
    oauth which allows us to post tweets to twitter and post to facebook as
    well.
    What is the best method to proceed? Any suggestions?

    Thanks in advance

    Cheers
    Jose

  • Nicholas Ng at May 29, 2012 at 8:03 am
    you can go for omniauth. For facebook posting ,you can go for koala .
    i need a user sign in page which has user name and password, which uses
    oauth which allows us to post tweets to twitter and post to facebook as
    well.
    What is the best method to proceed? Any suggestions?

    Thanks in advance

    Cheers
    Jose

  • Matt Jones at May 29, 2012 at 12:11 pm

    i need a user sign in page which has user name and password, which uses
    oauth which allows us to post tweets to twitter and post to facebook as
    well.
    What is the best method to proceed? Any suggestions?
    I'd highly recommend the Railscasts on this issue:

    http://railscasts.com/episodes/235-omniauth-part-1
    http://railscasts.com/episodes/236-omniauth-part-2

    Should explain everything you'll need to know.

    --Matt Jones