I have used some times on this problem without been able to make it
work.
and google for it as well.

I have upgrade my ruby installation.
rails -v
Rails 3.2.3

whereis rails
rails: /usr/local/bin/rails

but when I try to create rails project in eclipse I get the following
error:
Ruby on Rails stop working after upgraded on ubuntu 11.10 ?
luk@luk-Satellite-A300D:~/DEVS/eclipse/workspace/ll$ rails .
Usage:
rails new APP_PATH [options]

-r, [--ruby=PATH] # Path to the Ruby binary of your choice
# Default: /home/luc/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p194/bin/ruby
-b, [--builder=BUILDER] # Path to a application builder (can be a
filesystem path or URL)
-m, [--template=TEMPLATE] # Path to an application template (can be a
filesystem path or URL)
[--skip-gemfile] # Don't create a Gemfile
[--skip-bundle] # Don't run bundle install
-G, [--skip-git] # Skip Git ignores and keeps
-O, [--skip-active-record] # Skip Active Record files
-S, [--skip-sprockets] # Skip Sprockets files
-d, [--database=DATABASE] # Preconfigure for selected database (options:
mysql/oracle/postgresql/sqlite3/frontbase/ibm_
db/sqlserver/jdbcmysql/jdbcsqlite3/jdbcpostgresql/jdbc)
# Default: sqlite3
-j, [--javascript=JAVASCRIPT] # Preconfigure for selected JavaScript
library
# Default: jquery
-J, [--skip-javascript] # Skip JavaScript files
[--dev] # Setup the application with Gemfile pointing to your Rails
checkout
[--edge] # Setup the application with Gemfile pointing to Rails
repository
-T, [--skip-test-unit] # Skip Test::Unit files
[--old-style-hash] # Force using old style hash (:foo => 'bar') on Ruby
= 1.9
Runtime options:
-f, [--force] # Overwrite files that already exist
-p, [--pretend] # Run but do not make any changes
-q, [--quiet] # Supress status output
-s, [--skip] # Skip files that already exist

Rails options:
-h, [--help] # Show this help message and quit
-v, [--version] # Show Rails version number and quit

The 'rails new' command creates a new Rails application with a default
directory structure and configuration at the path you specify.

You can specify extra command-line arguments to be used every time
'rails new' runs in the .railsrc configuration file in your home
directory.

Note that the arguments specified in the .railsrc file don't affect the
defaults values shown above in this help message.

Example:
rails new ~/Code/Ruby/weblog

This generates a skeletal Rails installation in ~/Code/Ruby/weblog.
See the README in the newly created application to get going.
Last edited by hoboy; 9 Hours Ago at 10:02 AM.. Reason: desperation
hoboy is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 8 Hours Ago #2
hoboy
100% Pure Ubuntu

Beans: 916

Re: How can I set Ruby on Rails path on ubuntu 11.10 ?
any body ?
hoboy is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
New Reply

Bookmarks

Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Submit Thread to del.icio.us del.icio.us
Submit Thread to StumbleUpon StumbleUpon
Submit Thread to Google Google

Edit Tags
Tags
None

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting

Bold

Italic

Underline

Insert Link

Insert Image

Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size

Switch Editor Mode
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate
Quick Reply.
Quote message in reply?