Hey,

I upgraded our app from rails 3.0.10 to rails 3.1, but I found that
the helper call 'sites_path(@site, :domain => a_domain)' won't
generate the url I want, I actually want something like '/sites/1?
domain=a_domain', but query parameter 'domain' is missing from the
generated
url. I found that Rails 3.1 introduced a new option called 'domain'
for url_for: http://guides.rubyonrails.org/3_1_release_notes.html#action-dispatch.
I am curious if we can still add query parameter called 'domain' in
url.

Thanks.

  • Walter Lee Davis at Apr 13, 2012 at 1:58 pm

    I upgraded our app from rails 3.0.10 to rails 3.1, but I found that
    the helper call 'sites_path(@site, :domain => a_domain)' won't
    generate the url I want, I actually want something like '/sites/1?
    domain=a_domain', but query parameter 'domain' is missing from the
    generated
    url. I found that Rails 3.1 introduced a new option called 'domain'
    for url_for: http://guides.rubyonrails.org/3_1_release_notes.html#action-dispatch.
    I am curious if we can still add query parameter called 'domain' in
    url.
    I'm not sure this will help, there may be some coercion going on further up the chain that you'd be hard-pressed to override, but you might try using a bare string instead of the symbol: 'domain' => 'a_domain'.

    Walter
    Thanks.