Hello,

I'm writing a nice gem which incorporate a few rake tasks, but I can't
find a way to add my custom tasks to the application rake list, if the
app is rails 2.x. I googled for a while but without any luck... any
hints?

Thanks

Andrea

  • Prabu Duraisamy at Mar 27, 2012 at 6:56 am
    Hi,

    For new custom rack task you have to write rake file under the location
    Project/lib/tasks/sample.rake

    In that sample.rake file

    desc "This task is back-end ruby script added for cron job"
    task :cron => :environment do
    # put some logic.
    end

    Go to your console put the command #> bundle exec rake -D

    It will return rake tasks which are used in your project.

    For example, here you will get your task

    rake cron
    This task is back-end ruby script added for cron job

    Run it using #> bundle exec rake cron