I issue the command "gem install nokogiri" on Windows XP console. I use
Cygwin.
And, I got the following errors, please help.

$ gem install nokogiri
ERROR: Error installing nokogiri:

/usr/bin/ruby.exe extconf.rb
checking for libxml/parser.h... no
-----
libxml2 is missing. please visit
http://nokogiri.org/tutorials/installing_nokogiri.html for help with
installing dependencies.
-----
*** extconf.rb failed ***
necessary libraries and/or headers. Check the mkmf.log file for more
details. You may need configuration options.

Provided configuration options:
--with-opt-dir
--without-opt-dir
--with-opt-include
--without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include
--with-opt-lib
--without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib
--with-make-prog
--without-make-prog
--srcdir=.
--curdir
--ruby=/usr/bin/ruby
--with-zlib-dir
--without-zlib-dir
--with-zlib-include
--without-zlib-include=${zlib-dir}/include
--with-zlib-lib
--without-zlib-lib=${zlib-dir}/lib
--with-iconv-dir
--without-iconv-dir
--with-iconv-include
--without-iconv-include=${iconv-dir}/include
--with-iconv-lib
--without-iconv-lib=${iconv-dir}/lib
--with-xml2-dir
--without-xml2-dir
--with-xml2-include
--without-xml2-include=${xml2-dir}/include
--with-xml2-lib
--without-xml2-lib=${xml2-dir}/lib
--with-xslt-dir
--without-xslt-dir
--with-xslt-include
--without-xslt-include=${xslt-dir}/include
--with-xslt-lib
--without-xslt-lib=${xslt-dir}/lib

Gem files will remain installed in
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/nokogiri-1.5.2 for inspection.
Results logged to
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/nokogiri-1.5.2/ext/nokogiri/gem_make.out

  • Luis Lavena at Mar 26, 2012 at 3:44 pm