I've started to actively contribute to the guides. One thing that's always
bothered me is that some of these guides are works in progress and have
been WIP since I started doing rails way back in 2006.

Here are the guides currently marked as WIP on guides.rubyonrails.org

1. ActionMailer Basics
2. Testing Rails Applications
3. Caching with Rails
4. Rails Initialization Process
5. The Basics of Creating Rails Plugins

Is there anything I (we) can do to move these guides to the completed
phase? I assume they are WIP because something is missing. But what is
missing? Who is the person who decides that they are complete?

  • Frederick Cheung at Mar 22, 2012 at 2:24 pm

    I've started to actively contribute to the guides. One thing that's always
    bothered me is that some of these guides are works in progress and have
    been WIP since I started doing rails way back in 2006.
    I'd ask on the rubyonrails-core list. Last I heard (which was a while
    ago to be fair), Xavier Noria (fxn) was coordinating that sort of
    stuff. Also worth poking around in the rails-core IRC room.

    Fred