I have used 'remotipart' gem to upload files asynchronously to server side.
The instance passed to the server side is of 'UploadedFile' .

The Rails API mentions all the methods( like read(), open() ) and
attributes for the class, however I am not sure how to retrieve the File
and store it on the database. The documentation hardly says anything.

Googling took me to no tutorials using this class.

  • Arturturik at Mar 4, 2012 at 11:58 am
    You should start looking at http://api.rubyonrails.org. Just type
    "http://api.rubyonrails.org/" into search box.
    I have used 'remotipart' gem to upload files asynchronously to server side.
    The instance passed to the server side is of 'UploadedFile' .

    The Rails API mentions all the methods( like read(), open() ) and
    attributes for the class, however I am not sure how to retrieve the File
    and store it on the database. The documentation hardly says anything.

    Googling took me to no tutorials using this class.
  • Myth17 at Mar 4, 2012 at 4:52 pm
    As I have already mentioned in my previous post, I looked up the API and
    found the Class, however there are no documents as to how to use the
    functions.
    I have used 'remotipart' gem to upload files asynchronously to server side.
    The instance passed to the server side is of 'UploadedFile' .

    The Rails API mentions all the methods( like read(), open() ) and
    attributes for the class, however I am not sure how to retrieve the File
    and store it on the database. The documentation hardly says anything.

    Googling took me to no tutorials using this class.
  • Colin Law at Mar 4, 2012 at 5:12 pm

    I have used 'remotipart' gem to upload files asynchronously to server side.
    The instance passed to the server side is of 'UploadedFile' .

    The Rails API mentions all the methods( like read(), open() ) and attributes
    for the class, however I am not sure how to retrieve the File and store it
    on the database. The documentation hardly says anything.

    Googling took me to no tutorials using this class.
    I have not used it but from the home page [1] there are links to demo
    apps, do they not help?

    [1] http://os.alfajango.com/remotipart/

    Colin

  • Myth17 at Mar 4, 2012 at 5:34 pm
    I have read it, however it does not talk about how to store the fileblob
    server side. The Upload is working successfully, I am just clueless on how
    to handle the instance server side.