Hi all,

I have links to the show pages for each game in my project and if the
games user_id matches the id of the currently signed in user then I want
it to display the edit button if they are not then it shouldn't display.

I currently have the following code set but it doesn't work. Every game
has the edit button display. The code is as followed:

<% if current_user.id = @game.user_id %>
<% end %>

Any ideas?

  • Craig White at Mar 2, 2012 at 11:32 pm

    I have links to the show pages for each game in my project and if the
    games user_id matches the id of the currently signed in user then I want
    it to display the edit button if they are not then it shouldn't display.

    I currently have the following code set but it doesn't work. Every game
    has the edit button display. The code is as followed:

    <% if current_user.id = @game.user_id %>
    <% end %>
    ----
    not entirely sure of your 'current_user.id' usage nor the match potential to @game.user_id but when you want to test a value (=) you actually have to use 2 of them... == thus syntax s/b 'if current_user.id == @game.user_id'

    Craig

  • Norm Scherer at Mar 2, 2012 at 11:41 pm

    I have links to the show pages for each game in my project and if the
    games user_id matches the id of the currently signed in user then I want
    it to display the edit button if they are not then it shouldn't display.

    I currently have the following code set but it doesn't work. Every game
    has the edit button display. The code is as followed:

    <% if current_user.id = @game.user_id %>
    <% end %>

    Any ideas?
    Where does current_user come from. It probably should be an instance
    variable @current_user

  • Miguel Morales at Mar 4, 2012 at 11:55 am
    The comparison should be using ==.
    If you use a single = you're assigning the variable, which would always
    return true.
    I have links to the show pages for each game in my project and if the
    games user_id matches the id of the currently signed in user then I want
    it to display the edit button if they are not then it shouldn't display.

    I currently have the following code set but it doesn't work. Every game
    has the edit button display. The code is as followed:

    <% if current_user.id = @game.user_id %>
    <% end %>

    Any ideas?

    ~ Jeremiah:9:23-24