The security fix announcement today sent to the rubyonrails-security
group implied that Rails 2.3 is no longer supported. Is that the
case? Did I miss an announcement somewhere? Is there a list of
supported releases somewhere? (What was I supposed to be paying
attention to?) Thanks,

--Paul

  • Rob Olson at Mar 2, 2012 at 7:52 pm
    I was surprised as well. The previous security issue in August 2011
    that affected 2.3 received a fix and a new release. I also haven't
    seen an announcement that that had changed.

    That said, I don't blame the core team for wanting to drop Rails 2.3.
    They are already supporting 3 branches in the 3.x line.
    The security fix announcement today sent to the rubyonrails-security
    group implied that Rails 2.3 is no longer supported.  Is that the
    case?  Did I miss an announcement somewhere?  Is there a list of
    supported releases somewhere?  (What was I supposed to be paying
    attention to?)  Thanks,

    --Paul
  • Robert Walker at Mar 2, 2012 at 9:53 pm

    Rob Olson wrote in post #1049878:
    I was surprised as well. The previous security issue in August 2011
    that affected 2.3 received a fix and a new release. I also haven't
    seen an announcement that that had changed.

    That said, I don't blame the core team for wanting to drop Rails 2.3.
    They are already supporting 3 branches in the 3.x line.
    Not to mention current work on Rails 4.0:
    http://weblog.rubyonrails.org/2011/12/20/rails-master-is-now-4-0-0-beta

  • Morozov Maksim at Mar 4, 2012 at 11:54 am
    +1
    The security fix announcement today sent to the rubyonrails-security
    group implied that Rails 2.3 is no longer supported. Is that the
    case? Did I miss an announcement somewhere? Is there a list of
    supported releases somewhere? (What was I supposed to be paying
    attention to?) Thanks,

    --Paul

  • Walter Lee Davis at Mar 4, 2012 at 6:00 pm

    The security fix announcement today sent to the rubyonrails-security
    group implied that Rails 2.3 is no longer supported. Is that the
    case? Did I miss an announcement somewhere? Is there a list of
    supported releases somewhere? (What was I supposed to be paying
    attention to?) Thanks,

    --Paul
    Maybe 2.3 wasn't affected??

    Walter

  • Alex Shulgin at Apr 15, 2012 at 4:39 am