Thanks in advance for any help on this.

I would like to search my DB for records using a Model.where
request... Using jquery I have access to the text within the select
option chosen from a drop box. Now, if only I could take this text and
assign it to a ruby instance variable, such as @brand.... I could then
insert the value into the 'where' request and pull the records
corresponding to the selected option.

It seems possible to assign a ruby variable to a jquery var, but not
the other way around. Is there, or could there be, a ruby function to
help with this?

Thanks,
Abram

  • Walter Lee Davis at Mar 1, 2012 at 1:50 pm

    I would like to search my DB for records using a Model.where
    request... Using jquery I have access to the text within the select
    option chosen from a drop box. Now, if only I could take this text and
    assign it to a ruby instance variable, such as @brand.... I could then
    insert the value into the 'where' request and pull the records
    corresponding to the selected option.

    It seems possible to assign a ruby variable to a jquery var, but not
    the other way around. Is there, or could there be, a ruby function to
    help with this?
    Have a google for Ajax request. You will need to respond to an xhr request in your controller and return whatever result you need in Rails. From the jQuery (JavaScript) side, you're doing a post request, just not refreshing the page as you do so.

    Walter
    Thanks,
    Abram

  • Alpha Blue at Mar 1, 2012 at 8:50 pm