I m using Rails 3.2.1. how to use link_to with remote=>true

My Method in Controller

def clickme
@clk = "you click me"
respond_to do |format|
format.js { render :layout=>false }
end
end
My View
In my new.html.erb file

<%= link_to "click here", {:action=>"clickme"}, {:remote => true,
:id=>"clk"} %>

<%= render :partial => 'goclick' %>

_goclick.html.erb

<%= @clk %>

clickme.js.erb

$("allclick").update("<%= escape_javascript(render(:partial =>
"goclick")) %>");
On my web-page everything is fine when I click on click here link
nothing change. But when I check Firebug console it shows me:

$("allclick").update("you click me");

  • Tim Shaffer at Feb 29, 2012 at 1:13 pm
    You probably want to use $("#allclick").update instead of
    $("allclick").update

    Note the # that indicates you are selecting an element by the ID.

  • Manish Nautiyal at Feb 29, 2012 at 1:18 pm

    Tim Shaffer wrote in post #1049440:
    You probably want to use $("#allclick").update instead of
    $("allclick").update

    Note the # that indicates you are selecting an element by the ID.
    I'm using $("#allclick").update

  • Manish Nautiyal at Mar 1, 2012 at 7:10 am
    after doing some googling I got the answer

    wrong way :
    $("#allclick").update("<%= escape_javascript(render(:partial =>
    "goclick")) %>");

    correct way :
    $("#allclick").html("<%= escape_javascript(render(:partial =>
    "goclick")) %>");

  • Walter Lee Davis at Mar 1, 2012 at 1:38 pm

    after doing some googling I got the answer

    wrong way :
    $("#allclick").update("<%= escape_javascript(render(:partial =>
    "goclick")) %>");

    correct way :
    $("#allclick").html("<%= escape_javascript(render(:partial =>
    "goclick")) %>");

    Instead of update now I'm using html
    Update would work perfectly if you were using Prototype.js instead of jQuery.

    Walter