Hi all,

I have a host that allows ssh access but only on the main account. I was
just wondering can you setup the db without using the command line e.g
db:migrate generate etc as on my main account its fine but if i setup
other sites i will have to pay $10/£6 to activate ssh.

Thanks

  • Colin Law at Feb 25, 2012 at 3:28 pm

    I have a host that allows ssh access but only on the main account. I was
    just wondering can you setup the db without using the command line e.g
    db:migrate generate etc as on my main account its fine but if i setup
    other sites i will have to pay $10/£6 to activate ssh.
    I think it will be very difficult to administer without command line
    access. As well as db setup you will likely need to do bundle install
    and so on. Possibly a change of provider is in order.

    Colin

    Thanks

    gplus.to/clanlaw

  • Jeffrey L. Taylor at Feb 25, 2012 at 3:47 pm

    Quoting Paul Na <lists@ruby-forum.com>:
    Hi all,

    I have a host that allows ssh access but only on the main account. I was
    just wondering can you setup the db without using the command line e.g
    db:migrate generate etc as on my main account its fine but if i setup
    other sites i will have to pay $10/£6 to activate ssh.
    Cannot you ssh into the main account and then change user to the other
    account? My Amazon cloud account is like this. Only one normal user account
    is allowed to ssh in. I then change to the root and Web server accounts as
    needed.

    HTH,
    Jeffrey

  • Dave Aronson at Feb 28, 2012 at 3:27 pm