I'm trying to make a delete button for child objects. When the button
is pressed, I want the view to stay the same to protect whatever data
the user has entered already. When the button is pressed, it should
prompt "Are you sure?" and get an answer. I have most of this set
already, but I can't find a way to keep things from leaving the view.

Here's my code
controller>
def destroy
person = Person.find(params[:id])
person.destroy
redirect_to(households_url) ---problem here,
but I have no idea what to put in it's place
end

view>
<%= person_form.hidden_field :id, :index => nil %>
<%= link_to 'Delete', person_path(person.id), :confirm => 'Are you
sure?', :method => :delete %>
<% end %></td>

By the way, I'm running Rails 2.3.9 at the moment.

Thanks
Bob <bsm2th@gmail.com>

  • Dave Aronson at Feb 24, 2012 at 8:54 pm

    I'm trying to make a delete button for child objects. When the button
    is pressed, I want the view to stay the same to protect whatever data
    the user has entered already.
    Have you considered making it an AJAX call?

    -Dave

    --
    Dave Aronson:  Available Cleared Ruby on Rails Freelancer
    (NoVa/DC/Remote) -- see www.DaveAronson.com, and blogs at

  • Bob Smith at Feb 24, 2012 at 8:59 pm

    I'm trying to make a delete button for child objects. When the button
    is pressed, I want the view to stay the same to protect whatever data
    the user has entered already.
    Have you considered making it an AJAX call?

    -Dave

    --
    Dave Aronson:  Available Cleared Ruby on Rails Freelancer
    (NoVa/DC/Remote) -- seewww.DaveAronson.com, and blogs atwww.Codosaur.us,www.Dare2XL.com,www.RecruitingRants.com
    Love to. Could you send me an example to start with?

    Bob

  • Dave Aronson at Feb 24, 2012 at 9:45 pm