Hello

I am trying to load ruby on rails on my windows computer, and I ran
across railsinstaller. I like the way it is set up, and the video
instructions are great, but...

Everything is working great up until the 1:54 min point in the video.
In the video, a Windows security alert pop-up appears. "Window
firewall has blocked some features of this program", is what the alert
is about. I am not getting that pop-up. Instead the program just sits
there. the last line that I see is the WEBrick:HTTServer#start...

I am using window 7, and my pop-up blocker is off. I get these types
of pop-up alerts for other things like loading software. My uac is
set to default.

Someone please help me get this straightened out.

Thank you for your help
Jeff

  • Dharmdip Rathod at Feb 20, 2012 at 8:03 am

    Jeff Kyzer wrote in post #1047750:
    Hello

    I am trying to load ruby on rails on my windows computer, and I ran
    across railsinstaller. I like the way it is set up, and the video
    instructions are great, but...

    Everything is working great up until the 1:54 min point in the video.
    In the video, a Windows security alert pop-up appears. "Window
    firewall has blocked some features of this program", is what the alert
    is about. I am not getting that pop-up. Instead the program just sits
    there. the last line that I see is the WEBrick:HTTServer#start...

    I am using window 7, and my pop-up blocker is off. I get these types
    of pop-up alerts for other things like loading software. My uac is
    set to default.

    Someone please help me get this straightened out.

    Thank you for your help
    Jeff
    Hi Jeff,

    If you have skype, that may cause issue.