Hello, recently on one of y sites i have a weird ID problem one
editing some pages.

After edit I get an The page you were looking for doesn't exist.
error.

The Id of the editing page is 93 but in log files I have

ActiveRecord::RecordNotFound (Couldn't find Page with ID=403):
app/controllers/pages_controller.rb:44:in `show'

In the controller there is just
def show
@page = Page.find params[:id] # line 44

respond_to do |format|
format.html { render :layout => 'application' }
end
end

I'm really stunned by this error, I've looked in the source of the
edited page but it seems ok.

  • Colin Law at Feb 18, 2012 at 1:32 pm

    Hello, recently on one of y sites i have a weird ID problem one
    editing some pages.

    After edit I get an The page you were looking for doesn't exist.
    error.

    The Id of the editing page is 93 but in log files I have

    ActiveRecord::RecordNotFound (Couldn't find Page with ID=403):
    app/controllers/pages_controller.rb:44:in `show'
    Before this in the log you should see the http request that caused the
    problems, which will show the params passed to the show action. That
    may give you a clue. If you can't make sense of it post the log
    showing the request and the error.

    Colin
    In the controller there is just
    def show
    @page = Page.find params[:id] # line 44

    respond_to do |format|
    format.html { render :layout => 'application' }
    end
    end

    I'm really stunned by this error, I've looked in the source of the
    edited page but it seems ok.

    gplus.to/clanlaw

  • Adam at Feb 19, 2012 at 3:39 pm
    Thanks for the tip I'll check that out
[...]

  • Adam at Feb 19, 2012 at 6:05 pm
    I've checked the http request but cannot find anything that could do
    this. I'm also passing a lot of html could it be the fault?
    I'm using the 3.0.1 gem of rails.
[...]

  • Colin Law at Feb 19, 2012 at 7:22 pm
    Could you not top post please, it makes it difficult to follow the
    thread. Insert your reply at appropriate point(s) in previous
    message. Thanks.
    I've checked the http request but cannot find anything that could do
    this. I'm also passing a lot of html could it be the fault?
    I'm using the 3.0.1 gem of rails.
    Can you post the bit of the log showing the request and the subsequent error.

    I don't know what you mean by 'passing a log of html'

    Colin
[...]

  • Adam at Feb 19, 2012 at 8:08 pm
    It should have been "a lot of html" my bad.
    I've placed the production log here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/947601/production.log
    the're only two actions there and you can see that the is changed from
    73 to 403 without any reason (there is a lot of html in it).
[...]

  • Adam at Feb 19, 2012 at 8:18 pm
    Sorry for posting so much, but I've tried to remove the html content
    from the page( html_body param in log) and the error disappeared so I
    think it has to do something with the html. But still is the question
    what...
[...]

  • Colin Law at Feb 19, 2012 at 8:20 pm
    Still top posting I see, much better to put your reply inline as I
    suggested previously
    It should have been "a lot of html" my bad.
    I've placed the production log here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/947601/production.log
    the're only two actions there and you can see that the is changed from
    73 to 403 without any reason (there is a lot of html in it).
    I see
    Started GET "/403.shtml" for 77.252.249.15 at Sun Feb 19 14:01:06 -0600 2012
    That is where the 403 is coming from.
    What on earth are you doing posting html in the params?

    Colin
[...]

  • Adam at Feb 20, 2012 at 9:57 am
    This is the content from TinyMce so the user can visually edit his
    page content.