I have a simple rails project which makes use of unobtrusive
javavscript for ajax link/form processing. Everything works great on
the desktop. I'm trying to make the application mobile. I've been
through the Railscast for mobile detection (#199), as well as a number
of questions/answers (which seem a little outdated maybe). I can't get
this working.

I can get the application to do everything except process an ajax call
from a mobile browser. It will either not find the appropriate
template, or render the template as text/html rather than javascript.

So my question: has anyone been able to make this work? If so can you
offer a simple 1,2,3 for how to do it? I think the problem is that the
documentation is thin on the unobtrusive javascript + mobile issue,
and various things that have worked in the past are no longer working
in rails 3 (maybe)? At this point I'm willing to do almost anything
(e.g. major reconfiguring) to get this working. I'm even willing to
dump the unobtrusive javascript bit and do things in a "non-rails" way
if I need to.

Thanks