Folks
Was wondering is it possible to pass args into the new action on a
controller? I have some javascript that is passing in a date to action
new on a controller and i want to set a field if the date was passed in.

  • Michael Pavling at Feb 11, 2012 at 4:37 pm

    Was wondering is it possible to pass args into the new action on a
    controller? I have some javascript that is passing in a date to action
    new on a controller and i want to set a field if the date was passed in.
    http://my.rails.app/foos/new?my_date_parameter=2012-02-11

    # foos controller
    def new
    @foo = Foo.new(:my_date_field => params[:my_date_parameter])
    end

  • Brent brent at Feb 11, 2012 at 4:42 pm

    Michael Pavling wrote in post #1045589:
    Was wondering is it possible to pass args into the new action on a
    controller? I have some javascript that is passing in a date to action
    new on a controller and i want to set a field if the date was passed in.
    http://my.rails.app/foos/new?my_date_parameter=2012-02-11

    # foos controller
    def new
    @foo = Foo.new(:my_date_field => params[:my_date_parameter])