I am working on a Web Application with rails which is more of a single page
( think a dashboard )

I want a left side strip fetching a list with and a main app area to the
left rendering most of the Application (All with jQuery)

In Rails I have a single controller Dashboard for now. I want the request
of left side bar to reach the appropriate method so as I can reply with
Json. Similarly for the main area.

As the application gets complex, the URL appended with #specific URL is
also something I want.

How would the routes work in this case? I have read the Rails Official docs
and searched quite a lot but could not find much information.