Running Mac OSX 10.7.2

Currently Installed:

Homebrew, v 0.8.1

Git, v 1.7.9

RVM, v 1.10.2

Rails, v 3.2.1

Ruby, v 1.9.3p0

MySQL, v 14.14 Distrib 5.5.19

The problem is correctly setting up the PATH for MySQL.

In terminal, which mysql = /usr/local/bin/mysql

but in the tutorial I am following their terminal displays the
following

which mysql = /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql

What am I doing wrong. My export path is
export PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/mysql/bin:$PATH"

  • Hassan Schroeder at Feb 9, 2012 at 3:11 pm

    The problem is correctly setting up the PATH for MySQL.

    In terminal, which mysql = /usr/local/bin/mysql

    but in the tutorial I am following their terminal displays the
    following

    which mysql = /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql
    What am I doing wrong.
    Nothing. It doesn't really matter where your executable is so long as
    it's in your path and it works :-)

    http://about.me/hassanschroeder
    twitter: @hassan