I'm using paperclip version 2.5.0 to upload text-like documents (word,
text, pdf). While uploads do take place there are two show-stopping
issues:

1. Regardless of which file type is used (doc, txt, pdf) the resultant
uploaded file ALWAYS ends with a "." (dot).

2. The "path" property returns the path and filename WITHOUT the dot, so
the file can not be accessed.

I've pasted the model that contains the attachment code at:
http://pastebin.com/rhCJ5SKM

Does anyone know what could be wrong? Thanks.

-Ari

  • Angelo Cordova at Feb 7, 2012 at 9:36 pm

    I'm using paperclip version 2.5.0 to upload text-like documents (word,
    text, pdf). While uploads do take place there are two show-stopping
    issues:

    1. Regardless of which file type is used (doc, txt, pdf) the resultant
    uploaded file ALWAYS ends with a "." (dot).

    2. The "path" property returns the path and filename WITHOUT the dot, so
    the file can not be accessed.

    I've pasted the model that contains the attachment code at:http://pastebin.com/rhCJ5SKM

    Does anyone know what could be wrong? Thanks.

    -Ari

  • Ahmy Yulrizka at Feb 8, 2012 at 2:05 am
    I think you should debug the normalize_file_name method and check the
    extension variable

    Ahmy Yulrizka