Hi,
I am a new guy in Ruby on rails. Basically I am a PHP Developer and
xampp server have already installed in my windows pc.Also to learn Ruby
on Rails,I have installed ruby1.9.2p180, rails 3.2.1, gem 1.8.15 and
JetBrains RubyMine 3.1.1 . Now when I have written small code in
RubyMine IDE and run, those have successfully run.so still no headache.
But trying to deploy in the server, I am confused. By the way, I have
apache server and mysql server which is already installed during the
installation of xampp server.
Now please guide me how to proceed....

  • Colin Law at Feb 6, 2012 at 12:05 pm

    I am a new guy in Ruby on rails. Basically I am a PHP Developer and
    xampp server have already installed in my windows pc.Also to learn Ruby
    on Rails,I have installed ruby1.9.2p180, rails 3.2.1, gem 1.8.15 and
    JetBrains RubyMine 3.1.1 . Now when I have written small code in
    RubyMine IDE and run, those have successfully run.so still no headache.
    But trying to deploy in the server, I am confused. By the way, I have
    apache server and mysql server which is already installed during the
    installation of xampp server.
    Now please guide me how to proceed....
    Let me first apologise as you may think this reply is not what you
    want, but I think that your best way of proceeding is not to deploy on
    Windows at all. Much better to go for a Linux based server such as
    Ubuntu. You will certainly find it much easier to get help in that
    case.

    Most would also say that it is easier to develop in a linux or Mac
    environment also.

    Colin

    gplus.to/clanlaw

  • Srimanta Chakraborty at Feb 6, 2012 at 12:18 pm