All, I am a rookie to Ruby on Rails. I just started with a book from
O'Reilly on Friday (Learning Rails).

I have run through several examples in the book that didnt work and have
figured out what the problem was. That was until I tried the form
example.

I have attached the various files for your assistance. I can upload
additional ones if necessary.

I really am grateful for anyone that can help me understand this issue.

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/6952/ruby_form_sign_in_html_erb.jpg
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/6953/ruby_form_view_source.jpg
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/6954/entries_controller.rb
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/6955/sign_in.html.erb
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/6956/application.rb
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/6957/environment.rb
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/6958/routes.rb

  • Geoffroy Gomet at Feb 5, 2012 at 9:07 am
    Hey Dennis,

    Your "form_for" tag is missing the = sign , it should be <%= form_
    for ...

    Regards

    Geoffroy
[...]

  • Simon St.Laurent at Feb 6, 2012 at 2:45 pm
    Yep - I'm the author. <% form_for used to work, but now it's <%=
    form_for.

    I'm not sure if you have the print version or the ebook edition, but
    you definitely want to make sure you're working with Learning Rails 3,
    which is (currently) just an ebook as we work on updating it. If you
    have the original book for 2.1, many many things have changed since it
    was published.

    Thanks,
    Simon St.Laurent

[...]

  • Bill Watt at Mar 4, 2012 at 7:33 pm
    Thanks for the info! I was going a little crazy figuring out what little
    detail had changed here and there.

    One thing I haven't been able to figure out- where can I get the ebook?
    I bought the paperback yesterday and have been looking in the book and
    online for where I can get the latest updates.

    Thanks,

    Bill