I have a list of items in my shopping page, and each time an "add to
cart" button is clicked, an AJAX request is fired off with only a
product_id.

"Add this item to the cart" so to speak.

What does my Action have to look like in Rails for this scenario?

I'm specifically asking about the controller side, and what the action
would look like. Just assume it receives a numerical ID.

  • Valery Kvon at Feb 5, 2012 at 8:55 pm

    I have a list of items in my shopping page, and each time an "add to
    cart" button is clicked, an AJAX request is fired off with only a
    product_id.

    "Add this item to the cart" so to speak.

    What does my Action have to look like in Rails for this scenario?
    def action_name
    respond_to do |format|
    format.js do
    end
    end
    end

  • Sergio Tapia at Feb 5, 2012 at 10:07 pm
    Jesus it's that simple? I'll come back with my results!

  • Colin Law at Feb 5, 2012 at 10:18 pm