hey everyone i have installed rails3.0.0 in windows and my previous
rails projects not working . so i wanna uninstall rails and then
install from Scratch.

thanks in advance

  • Robert Walker at Feb 3, 2012 at 9:20 pm

    honey jadala wrote in post #1043958:
    hey everyone i have installed rails3.0.0 in windows and my previous
    rails projects not working . so i wanna uninstall rails and then
    install from Scratch.
    1. Uninstall Windows.
    2. Install Ubuntu (or your choice of Linux flavor).
    3. Install Ruby Version Manager (RVM).
    4. Install whatever Rubies you need.
    5. Create a gemset for each of your projects.
    6. Install the version of Rails you need into each of your gemsets.

    That's only half serious, of course. I don't have any idea how to
    install, or uninstall Rails on Windows. Still can't figure out why
    anyone would actually want to do that. But, I understand there are
    scenarios when some have no other choice. Thank God I'm not in that
    situation.

  • Soldier.coder at Feb 5, 2012 at 5:07 pm
    I understand honey's situation. You guys on linux have NO idea how
    good you have it with RVM. I tried Pik (windows supposed answer
    to RVM) but to no avail. So I turned old laptop into Fedora 16
    machine
    now I am rocking on RVM and all the cool things Fedora offers (VIM!).
    hey everyone i have installed rails3.0.0 in windows and my previous
    rails projects not working . so i wanna uninstall rails and then
    install from Scratch.
    1. Uninstall Windows.
    2. Install Ubuntu (or your choice of Linux flavor).
    3. Install Ruby Version Manager (RVM).
    4. Install whatever Rubies you need.
    5. Create a gemset for each of your projects.
    6. Install the version of Rails you need into each of your gemsets.

    That's only half serious, of course. I don't have any idea how to
    install, or uninstall Rails on Windows. Still can't figure out why
    anyone would actually want to do that. But, I understand there are
    scenarios when some have no other choice. Thank God I'm not in that
    situation.

  • Sergio Tapia at Feb 5, 2012 at 8:51 pm
    In all seriousness, you should install Oracle's free VirtualBox and
    create yourself a new linux virtual machine.

    I'm rocking a crappy 2gig RAM desktop computer and work with rails in
    my Ubuntu virtual machine (1gb ram assigned for it). It's really
    simple and not complicated at all. :)

  • Hector Bavio at Feb 3, 2012 at 11:47 pm
    Hi

    Have you tried "gem uninstall rails" ?