Hello All,
I am working with rails in Windows xp platform since last 2 month or
so.I have made some basic and simple rails CRUD app.
But whenever I tried to put some authentication on top of the apps,the
app went a lot slower.Specially when accessed from remote client
machines.

- RUBYGEMS VERSION: 1.8.10
- RUBY VERSION: 1.8.7 (2011-06-30 patchlevel 352) [i386-mingw32]
- INSTALLATION DIRECTORY: C:/Ruby187/lib/ruby/gems/1.8
- RUBY EXECUTABLE: C:/Ruby187/bin/ruby.exe
- EXECUTABLE DIRECTORY: C:/Ruby187/bin
- RUBYGEMS PLATFORMS:
- ruby
- x86-mingw32
-RAILS 3.0.10

I am using AptanaStudio3 as IDE and I have used gem 'devise 1.1.rc0'
for authentication.
Can anyone tell me how can I make my RESTful apps work a li'l faster
with this configuration or any other that might help?

Regards,
Pallav

  • Colin Law at Feb 2, 2012 at 9:03 am

[...]

    Are you running in development or production mode? Development is
    slow as it reloads all the classes at each request.

    Colin

  • Pallav_bfs at Feb 2, 2012 at 9:18 am
    Hello Colin,
    I've tried production mode also..But that doesn't come with a lot of
    improvement.
    And I am using webbrick server.

[...]

    Colin- Hide quoted text -

  • Colin Law at Feb 2, 2012 at 9:25 am