HI All,

I am currently creating an Admin utility for courier management service,
where I need to include a form to *submit two users(same model) on same form
*, I don't know to implement exactly but duplicated the user form twice
which is displaying the form twice on the browser but unable to save the
both the users, listed below my Admin customer register file and attached
the screen shot for your reference .

Also want to know, how to add *additional business logics to admin*, for
example adding print functionality for the single user on 'view' page.

ActiveAdmin.register Customer do
form do |f|
#User one
f.inputs "Sender Details" do
f.input :name
f.input :email
f.input :street
f.input :city
f.input :state
f.input :pin
f.input :customer_type,:as => :select, :collection => [["Package
Sender", "Package Sender"], ["Package Receiver","Package Receiver"]]
end

#User two
f.inputs "Receiver Details" do
f.input :name
f.input :email
f.input :street
f.input :city
f.input :state
f.input :pin
f.input :customer_type,:as => :select, :collection => [["Package
Sender", "Package Sender"], ["Package Receiver","Package Receiver"]]
end

f.inputs do
f.has_many :packages do |p|
p.input :weight
p.input :amount
p.input :received_date
p.input :amount
end
end
f.buttons
end
end

regards,
Loganathan

  • Bala TS at Jan 27, 2012 at 4:50 am
    controller
    ----------

    your erb like this way:

    user_name | email | street | city | state |
    user1 | abc@gmail.com | x | xx | TN |
    user2 | cde@gmail.com | y | yy | KL |

    use table structure:

    the first row is header:
    the second row is td

    form like this way

    <%= form_tag "action" ,:mode=>"update",:multipart => true do %>
    <% for i in 0..1%>
    <%= text_field_tag :"user_name_#{i}",""%>
    <%= text_field_tag :"email_#{i}",""%>
    <%= text_field_tag :"street_#{i}",""%>
    <%= text_field_tag :"city_#{i}",""%>
    <%= text_field_tag :"state_#{i}",""%>
    <% end%>
    <%= submit_tag "update" %>
    <%end%>

    controller file:

    if params[:mode]=="update"
    count = 0
    loop{
    user_name = "user_name_"+count.to_s
    email = "email_"+count.to_s
    street = "street_"+count.to_s
    city = "city_"+count.to_s
    state = "state_"+count.to_s

    if !params[user_name].blank?
    User.create(
    :user_name => params[user_name],
    :email => params[user_name],
    :street => params[user_name],
    :city => params[user_name],
    :state => params[user_name]
    )
    end

    count = count + 1
    user_name = "user_name_"+count.to_s
    break if params[user_name].blank?

    }
    end

    bye:)
    bdeveloper01

  • Dave Aronson at Jan 27, 2012 at 1:51 pm