I am using rails 3.0.10, in that i had created users using devise and
i followed the below link to change the user password, but it is not
changing the password when i changed the current password. please
anyone help me to get out of this problem

https://github.com/plataformatec/devise/wiki/How-To:-Allow-users-to-edit-their-password

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

Search Discussions

  • Alex Mercer at Jan 24, 2012 at 11:51 am
    Can you provide info from log file when this action performing ?
    +
    Check validations in your model and what params you getting in
    `params[:user]`.
    On Jan 24, 8:32 am, Kapil Kaligotla wrote:
    I am using rails 3.0.10, in that i had created users using devise and
    i followed the below link to change the user password, but it is not
    changing the password when i changed the current password. please
    anyone help me to get out of this problem

    https://github.com/plataformatec/devise/wiki/How-To:-Allow-users-to-e...
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
    To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.
  • Kapil Kaligotla at Jan 24, 2012 at 12:42 pm
    These are the logs in server
    Started POST "/passwords/show" for 127.0.0.1 at 2012-01-24 17:26:46
    +0530
    Processing by PasswordsController#update as HTML
    Parameters: {"utf8"=>"Γ£ô",
    "authenticity_token"=>"Ywh7x8r1DMlPq9277Uca7CoxaeJ
    QJVxhXH9AmTR4O1c=", "user"=>{"current_password"=>"[FILTERED]",
    "password"=>"[FIL
    TERED]", "password_confirmation"=>"[FILTERED]"}, "commit"=>"Change my
    password",
    "id"=>"show"}
    ←[1m←[36mUser Load (0.0ms)←[0m  ←[1mSELECT `users`.* FROM `users`
    WHERE `users
    `.`id` = 2 LIMIT 1←[0m
    ←[1m←[35mSQL (0.0ms)←[0m  BEGIN
    ←[1m←[36mSQL (0.0ms)←[0m  ←[1mROLLBACK←[0m
    Rendered passwords/edit.html.erb within layouts/application (15.6ms)




    On Jan 24, 4:51 pm, Alex Mercer wrote:
    Can you provide info from log file when this action performing ?
    +
    Check validations in your model and what params you getting in
    `params[:user]`.

    On Jan 24, 8:32 am, Kapil Kaligotla wrote:






    I am using rails 3.0.10, in that i had created users using devise and
    i followed the below link to change the user password, but it is not
    changing the password when i changed the current password. please
    anyone help me to get out of this problem
    https://github.com/plataformatec/devise/wiki/How-To:-Allow-users-to-e...
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
    To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.
  • Brahmana at Jan 24, 2012 at 8:03 pm
    Ok, since I do not know your controller code, this is pretty much a
    shot in the blind, but here it is anyways :

    Looking at the passwords/edit.html.erb being rendered at the end I am
    guessing that there was some error or exception while changing the
    password which was caught and the user was asked to rectify the error.
    It is very likely that the error was a validation error. So in your
    rescue block (or wherever you are rendering passwords/edit.html.erb)
    you can add a log line to tell you what the error is and then fix that
    error.

    Regards,
    Brahmana

    @sribrahmana (http://www.twitter.com/@sribrahmana)
    On Jan 24, 5:41 pm, Kapil Kaligotla wrote:
    These are the logs in server
    Started POST "/passwords/show" for 127.0.0.1 at 2012-01-24 17:26:46
    +0530
    Processing by PasswordsController#update as HTML
    Parameters: {"utf8"=>"Γ£ô",
    "authenticity_token"=>"Ywh7x8r1DMlPq9277Uca7CoxaeJ
    QJVxhXH9AmTR4O1c=", "user"=>{"current_password"=>"[FILTERED]",
    "password"=>"[FIL
    TERED]", "password_confirmation"=>"[FILTERED]"}, "commit"=>"Change my
    password",
    "id"=>"show"}
    ←[1m←[36mUser Load (0.0ms)←[0m  ←[1mSELECT `users`.* FROM `users`
    WHERE `users
    `.`id` = 2 LIMIT 1←[0m
    ←[1m←[35mSQL (0.0ms)←[0m  BEGIN
    ←[1m←[36mSQL (0.0ms)←[0m  ←[1mROLLBACK←[0m
    Rendered passwords/edit.html.erb within layouts/application (15.6ms)

    On Jan 24, 4:51 pm, Alex Mercer wrote:






    Can you provide info from log file when this action performing ?
    +
    Check validations in your model and what params you getting in
    `params[:user]`.
    On Jan 24, 8:32 am, Kapil Kaligotla <kapil.kaligo...@magikminds.com>
    wrote:
    I am using rails 3.0.10, in that i had created users using devise and
    i followed the below link to change the user password, but it is not
    changing the password when i changed the current password. please
    anyone help me to get out of this problem
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
    To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
grouprubyonrails-talk @
categoriesrubyonrails
postedJan 24, '12 at 6:32a
activeJan 24, '12 at 8:03p
posts4
users3
websiterubyonrails.org
irc#RubyOnRails

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase