I am having trouble with the Ruby on Rails for a windows 7 PC.

During the installation on Ruby it said missing file 'lib'

Then every time I try to generate a scaffold or controller it says
Could not find a JavaScript runtime. See
https://github.com/sstephenson/execjs for a list of available runtimes.
(ExecJS: :RuntimeUnavailable)

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/6928/Ruby.odt

  • Peter Vandenabeele at Jan 23, 2012 at 8:52 am

    I am having trouble with the Ruby on Rails for a windows 7 PC.

    During the installation on Ruby it said missing file 'lib'

    Then every time I try to generate a scaffold or controller it says
    Could not find a JavaScript runtime. See
    https://github.com/sstephenson/execjs for a list of available runtimes.
    (ExecJS: :RuntimeUnavailable)
    You "may" be able to find a work-around for this issue as follows:

    * edit the Gemfile
    * add the line to the bottom

    gem 'therubyracer'

    * rerun

    bundle install

    I am not sure this will work on your set-up, but you could try. If it
    does not help, remove that newly added line and rerun

    bundle install

    HTH,

    Peter

  • Luis Lavena at Jan 23, 2012 at 10:44 am