I have a specific application helper do display all my flash messages
( according to my css )

def flash_messages
result =""
%w(notice warning error alert).each do |msg|
# change skin labels
box = "info_box" if msg == "notice"
box = "tip_box" if msg == "warning"
box = "error_box" if msg == "error"
box = "error_box" if msg == "alert"
result << content_tag(:div, content_tag(:p,
flash.now[msg.to_sym]), :class => "#{box}") unless
flash[msg.to_sym].nil?
end
result.html_safe
end

and I use <%= flash_messages %> to display the flash[:error] when
rendering again the :new action
this is working fine,.. however in the form , I have a link to go back
to the :index page
upon the index page display , the flash[:error] is not cleared.. ( it
will if I add flash[:error] = nil? in my index action before
rendering...

I thought that : flash.now[msg.to_sym]) would be enough .. but seems
not to be the case

any clue ? thanks

  • Jim Ruther Nill at Jan 18, 2012 at 1:26 pm

[...]

    The helper doesn't have anything to do with the problem. In your
    controllers,
    make sure that you're using flash.now if you're rendering a template and
    flash
    if redirecting. So I think you have something like

    flash[:error] = 'Error!'
    render :new

    in your controller. Change flash to flash.now and it should work.

  • Erwin at Jan 18, 2012 at 2:37 pm
    Thanks a lot Jim ... I forgot it ... :-((