I have about 20 relatively small applications running on the server.
They mostly access the same database tables. Is it more efficient to
combine them into a single application with lots of controllers or to
keep them as separate applications.

ruby 1.9.2
rails 3.0.1
capistrano 2.9.0
passenger 3.0.4
apache 2.2.12

  • Aline de Oliveira Freitas at Jan 16, 2012 at 3:08 pm
    it depends a lot,. We can't speak our mind if you don't give us some key
    information. :)

    I have about 20 relatively small applications running on the server.
    They mostly access the same database tables. Is it more efficient to
    combine them into a single application with lots of controllers or to
    keep them as separate applications.

    ruby 1.9.2
    rails 3.0.1
    capistrano 2.9.0
    passenger 3.0.4
    apache 2.2.12

  • Jsnark at Jan 16, 2012 at 5:52 pm
    What additional information do you need? What are the tradeoffs?

  • Aline de Oliveira Freitas at Jan 17, 2012 at 4:49 am
    just for me to get it.. why did you separeted in mini apps in the first
    place? What motivaded you? What were the reasons that led you to do that?