Started learning Ruby and RoR a couple of days ago and I'm working on a
dummy app.

I want to allow a user to save 5 records at the same time using a single
form. Let's assume "contact" records, with each one consisting of a single
"name" field. It's a "user has_many contacts" relationship.

Anyone aware of tutorials/documentation on how to achieve this? I'm having
a hard time modifying the code from a single record into multiple ones.
Chiefly...

1- How to display 5 text fields in the form/correct form tag to use.
2- How to pass an array of those 5 objects to the "create" method (if it's
an array that I should pass)
3- How to create the instance variable that has the 5 objects in the "new"
method so it's available to the form

  • Ahmy Yulrizka at Jan 11, 2012 at 10:40 am
    Here are good example
    http://railscasts.com/episodes/73-complex-forms-part-1

    Ahmy Yulrizka

    Started learning Ruby and RoR a couple of days ago and I'm working on a
    dummy app.

    I want to allow a user to save 5 records at the same time using a single
    form. Let's assume "contact" records, with each one consisting of a single
    "name" field. It's a "user has_many contacts" relationship.

    Anyone aware of tutorials/documentation on how to achieve this? I'm having
    a hard time modifying the code from a single record into multiple ones.
    Chiefly...

    1- How to display 5 text fields in the form/correct form tag to use.
    2- How to pass an array of those 5 objects to the "create" method (if it's
    an array that I should pass)
    3- How to create the instance variable that has the 5 objects in the "new"
    method so it's available to the form

  • Angelo Cordova at Jan 11, 2012 at 5:05 pm

    Started learning Ruby and RoR a couple of days ago and I'm working on a
    dummy app.

    I want to allow a user to save 5 records at the same time using a single
    form. Let's assume "contact" records, with each one consisting of a single
    "name" field. It's a "user has_many contacts" relationship.

    Anyone aware of tutorials/documentation on how to achieve this? I'm having
    a hard time modifying the code from a single record into multiple ones.
    Chiefly...

    1- How to display 5 text fields in the form/correct form tag to use.
    2- How to pass an array of those 5 objects to the "create" method (if it's
    an array that I should pass)
    3- How to create the instance variable that has the 5 objects in the "new"
    method so it's available to the form

    Look at these examples

    http://railscasts.com/episodes/196-nested-model-form-part-1
    http://railscasts.com/episodes/197-nested-model-form-part-2