Hi everybody,

As you know the text areas in Rails have a variable size (the little
arrow in the bottom right corner you can drag and drop). My customer
doesn't want that. Now my question - how can I turn this off? Or do I
use a workaround?

greetings and regards
manavortex

  • Michael Pavling at Jan 10, 2012 at 1:23 pm

    As you know the text areas in Rails have a variable size (the little
    arrow in the bottom right corner you can drag and drop). My customer
    doesn't want that. Now my question - how can I turn this off? Or do I
    use a workaround?
    The "workaround" is to use a different browser. It's nothing to do with Rails.

  • Walter Lee Davis at Jan 10, 2012 at 2:37 pm

    As you know the text areas in Rails have a variable size (the little
    arrow in the bottom right corner you can drag and drop). My customer
    doesn't want that. Now my question - how can I turn this off? Or do I
    use a workaround?
    The "workaround" is to use a different browser. It's nothing to do with Rails.
    This is a browser feature. If you really want to remove it, tell the browser with CSS:

    textarea {
    resize: none;
    }

    Walter