I have posted this question to the Phusion list but have had no
answer.

Our Redmine application was recently moved to a CentOS-6.2_i86_64
server with SELinux set to Permissive.. Initially it started up and
ran without error. This morning we are getting this:

--->
Internal Server Error

unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform
them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done
that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error
log.
<---

The httpd_error_log file contains this:

--->
[Mon Jan 09 08:57:09 2012] [notice] Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) DAV/2
Phusion_Passenger/3.0.11 mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips configured
-- resuming normal operations
*** Exception ArgumentError in spawn manager (too long unix socket
path (max: 107bytes)) (process 13006, thread #<Thread:
0x7f190974c358>):
from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.11/lib/
phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:141:in `initialize'
from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.11/lib/
phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:141:in `new'
<---

Looking in the tmp directory I discover that the path to the socket
file, an unsatisfied logical link, is this:

/var/data/pas-redmine/tmp/passenger/passenger.1.0.13466/generation-0/
socket

which is 76 characters, leaving 21 characters if the error message is
to be believed. Is the actual socket name more than 21 characters, as
inferred by the message? Is this the problem?

If so, Is there any way of changing the location of the passenger
sockets without relocating the application so that the path is
shorter?