Sometimes ago I created database and a table in MySQL with these
statements :

CREATE DATABASE amiref;
USE amiref;
CREATE TABLE refoo
(
f1 VARCHAR(20) ,
f2 VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL ,
f3 INT ,
PRIMARY KEY(f1)
);
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS users
(
user_id1 VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL ,
user_id2 VARCHAR(50) ,
password VARCHAR(30) ,
email VARCHAR(50) ,
PRIMARY KEY(user_id1,user_id2)
);
now I want to create those database and tables in ruby on rail with
model. how can I do it? please help me. thanks

  • Peter Vandenabeele at Jan 9, 2012 at 5:24 pm

    Sometimes ago I created database and a table in MySQL with these
    statements :

    CREATE DATABASE amiref;
    USE amiref;
    CREATE TABLE refoo
    (
    f1 VARCHAR(20) ,
    f2 VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL ,
    f3 INT ,
    PRIMARY KEY(f1)
    );
    CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS users
    (
    user_id1 VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL ,
    user_id2 VARCHAR(50) ,
    password VARCHAR(30) ,
    email VARCHAR(50) ,
    PRIMARY KEY(user_id1,user_id2)
    );
    now I want to create those database and tables in ruby on rail with
    model. how can I do it? please help me. thanks
    google for "rails guide migrations"

    Peter

  • Robert Walker at Jan 9, 2012 at 5:40 pm

    amir a. wrote in post #1040065:
    CREATE DATABASE amiref;
    USE amiref;
    CREATE TABLE refoo
    (
    f1 VARCHAR(20) ,
    f2 VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL ,
    f3 INT ,
    PRIMARY KEY(f1)
    );
    CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS users
    (
    user_id1 VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL ,
    user_id2 VARCHAR(50) ,
    password VARCHAR(30) ,
    email VARCHAR(50) ,
    PRIMARY KEY(user_id1,user_id2)
    );
    now I want to create those database and tables in ruby on rail with
    model. how can I do it? please help me. thanks
    First I'll reiterate to read the Rails guide. It explains everything you
    need to know:

    http://guides.rubyonrails.org/migrations.html

    However, I just wanted to add my strong suggestion that you DO NOT
    recreate these tables as you show them here. They are really poorly
    designed for use with Rails.

    You'll learn about the right way to do it by reading the Rails guides.

  • Christian Bautista at Jan 10, 2012 at 12:46 am
    you want to create a database in ruby on rails..
    You must first know that you dont need to create database anymore. just
    create tables and by default the rails will place your table in a
    developtment.yml I think.

    well this is the code on how to generate a table

    you type this in your cmd inside the project directory you've created

    cmd> rails generate scaffold table_name field_name:string
    field_name2:integer field_name3:float

    after it runs type this command

    cmd> rake db:migration

    then
    cmd >rails server

    then you have a model for your table table_name with a fields of
    field_name1 field_name2 field_name3 id created_at and updated_at

    hope this helped..