hi,
I am using rails 3.0.10, i had created user and admin using devise,
i want to make normal user as admin, can anyone help me on how to make
user as admin

Thanks
Kapil

  • Tim Shaffer at Jan 10, 2012 at 2:24 pm
    The easiest way is probably to just have a boolean "is_admin" field on the
    user model.

    Really depends on your other requirements though.

  • Kapil Kaligotla at Jan 11, 2012 at 6:56 am
    I followed to create admin and users roles in the following links

    https://github.com/plataformatec/devise/wiki/How-To:-Add-an-Admin-role
    https://github.com/plataformatec/devise

    I used different models for admin and user
    But now i want to make the some users to act as admin, please tell me
    the process of making a user as admin

    The easiest way is probably to just have a boolean "is_admin" field on the
    user model.

    Really depends on your other requirements though.
  • Walter Lee Davis at Jan 10, 2012 at 2:29 pm